Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting my Legion
Hi all,
thought I'd share some pics of my Warlord Games Romans. Lovely minis and great fun to paint. Hope you like:

[Image: 004-4.jpg]
[Image: 001-7.jpg]
[Image: 005-7.jpg]

What do you think?

Cheers
Andreas ( <-- Greek name!)

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM[/b]
Greetings!

These look very good indeed.

Are they the plastic 28mm figures?

Good work Paullinus.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
The shields are amazing. Is that paint, or a decal?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
@Narukami:

Yep, they are 28mm plastics.

@M. Demetrius:

The shields have waterslide decals which are included in the box..fortunately :wink:

[Image: 001-10.jpg]
[Image: 013-2.jpg]
[Image: 009-3.jpg]

Cheers

S.P.

Painting to that type of detail wore out my wrists :?

They do look excellent, though. Very good job!
John Baker

Justice is the constant and perpetual wish to render to every one his due.
- Institutes, bk. I, ch. I, para. I
Very nice Andreas! I see you bought several of the upgrade packs too.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
cool figs. what paint you used on them?
Raphael Exequiel L. Marbella, MD
[url:17uzn2yp]http://rapmarbella.multiply.com/[/url]

[Image: ninong_ninang-1.jpg]

[size=150:17uzn2yp]cogito ergo sum[/size]
Thanks for your replies guys!

@exequiel: I use Games Workshop and Vallejo colours in combination with Armypainter Darkshade dip. Quick'n'easy!

[Image: 123.jpg]
[Image: 002-11.jpg]
[Image: 009-5.jpg]

Cheers

S.P.

Very cool! Smile
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
These are incredible - is the plastic hard plastic? I remember long hours painting Airfix Romans years ago, and being very despairing as the paint slowly peeled off...
R. Cornelius hadrianus, Guvnor of Homunculum, the 15mm scale Colonia. Proof that size does not matter.

R. Neil Harrison
Ah - I just looked on the website and answered my own question (hard plastic). Problem is, I just spent £40 quid!
R. Cornelius hadrianus, Guvnor of Homunculum, the 15mm scale Colonia. Proof that size does not matter.

R. Neil Harrison
Quote:Ah - I just looked on the website and answered my own question (hard plastic). Problem is, I just spent £40 quid!

:lol: Yep, their stuff is great, not too pricey and top quality. And highly addictive. Did you see the Roman Turf Fort?

[Image: 003-8.jpg]

Cheers

S.P.

Quote:
Gluteus Maximus:1qgayalj Wrote:Ah - I just
:lol: Yep, their stuff is great, not too pricey and top quality. And highly addictive. Did you see the Roman Turf Fort?

S.P.

I certainly did! One of the reasons I started doing my own scratchbuilding of Roman military buildings was the unavailability of decent commercial products - what used to be available often did not remotely resemble any Roman site thus far excavated, with the exception of the Airfix Roman Fort, which I must admit is a pretty good model of a Hadrian's Wall milecastle.

However, like the legionaries, the buildings in this range are also fantastic - I particularly like the Gask Ridge signal station, which I might just buy instead of making myself!

R. Neil Harrison
Wow, I just had a look at your scenery. Great work, mate! Shame it isn't 28mm... :oops:

Guess I'll be builing a section of the Antonine Wall for my legion after all 8) .

[Image: 002-12.jpg]

Cheers

S.P.

Quote:Wow, I just had a look at your scenery. Great work, mate! Shame it isn't 28mm... :oops:

S.P.

...watch this space! :wink:

R. Neil Harrison