Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vicious \'Roman-style\' men hunted
Ahh yes, that old chesnut....

Mind you there is the other side of the coin....these party goers were out having fun, and then were on the recieving end of abuse because they were dressed up as Romans?
and so responded in the only way open to a true Roman?

But actually, this sounds very much like a common theme in Aberdeen.

Large groups of men attacking single individuals....that is the norm in Aberdeen.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
But how whould you attack someone wearing a toga? That thing is designed to make movement almost impossible.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I somehow doubt these guys were in anything more than bedsheets tied over the shoulder....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I somehow doubt these guys were in anything more than bedsheets tied over the shoulder....

I have to agree there, Its just the norm in Aberdeen, Scotland is a wonderful place, but there was a reason the romans didnt stick around (i know they kicked our asses at mons Graupius) We're all nutters Wink Its shocking when you walk down Union Street (the main street in aberdeen) on a friday or saturday and you seen two or three guys laying into someone randomly, im fortunate enough to be 6ft 3. so i've never gotten much trouble..

I havent seen anything more on this in the evening express, but makes me glad i didnt go out in my Roman kit on Halloween... being hauled in as a suspect just because im a roman.. thats racism! Tongue
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:1pan8j7m Wrote:I havent seen anything more on this in the evening express, but makes me glad i didnt go out in my Roman kit on Halloween... being hauled in as a suspect just because im a roman.. thats racism! Tongue

funny how the tables have turned! used to be the Romans hauling people in for being Christian or what not lol

but if thats the norm for Aberdeen, people randomly fighting each other, then i'm glad i've long since changed my mind about visiting Scotland!
If i ever got the chance i suppose i would end up some place cold and remote..... because i'm not 6' 3".... more like 5'1" Sad i'll take my chances with nature!
Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:1mhtbpec Wrote:The German perpetrators wore actual seg or chain mail.
would love to know that the cops did think. Smile

Now thats an interesting Concept... Roman Reenactors v.s. Riot Police... Both employ the same tactics and similar (well Riot police have modern versions) weaponary and armour Smile

well, one should probably add completly smashed Roman Reenactors vs. Riot police ... dunno, how much ability to behave tactical was left to the Roman guys. :lol: :twisted:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:
Lucius Duccius Rufinus:g8u8mrrs Wrote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:g8u8mrrs Wrote:The German perpetrators wore actual seg or chain mail.
would love to know that the cops did think. Smile

Now thats an interesting Concept... Roman Reenactors v.s. Riot Police... Both employ the same tactics and similar (well Riot police have modern versions) weaponary and armour Smile

well, one should probably add completly smashed Roman Reenactors vs. Riot police ... dunno, how much ability to behave tactical was left to the Roman guys. :lol: :twisted:

"Legionaries!.... HAMSTER FORMATION"

*Legionaries fall to the floor pished*
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]