Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT conference program
So we now DO have a conference room right inside of the Ibis Hotel.
n.b. that the room MUST be cleared by 11:45 on saturday, since an other group is in there from 12:00
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Well done!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I booked now the Augustinerkeller at 18:30 hours for Saturday for 20 people. Should we be much less in case someone has to cancel the trip I kindly ask you to inform me so I could inform the Augustinerkeller:

Augustinerkeller
Augustinerstr. 26
55116 Mainz
Phone: 06131 - 222662
http://www.augustinerkeller-mainz.de/erste.html

Unfortunately I could not get tables in the basement which is very nice anymore but on the gallery which is supposed to be nice as well according to their website. Anyhow, it's a typical wine restaurant for the Mainz region.
I called a friend who gre up in Mainz and lived there until half a year ago.
She said we should go to the following restaurants:
www.heiliggeist-mainz.de/
[url:2nere4wj]http://www.schau-mal-einer-an.com/Staedte/MZ/MZ07_Specht.htm[/url]
www.eisgrub.de/deu/frameset.htm
[url:2nere4wj]http://www.havana-mainz.de/havana/index.jsp[/url]
The last is not typical German, but she said it´s quite good.

I suggest:
Friday: heiliggeist
Saturday noon: Weinhaus Specht
Saturday evening: eisgrub
Sunday noon: Either Havanna, or again to the one from earlier which we liked most.
Christian K.

Why didn't you say anything earlier??? Should I cancel the reservation now???? No, I'm not doing it anymore, you do it now and book the restaurant which pleases you!!! It's made in my name for 20 people!!!

I had made the suggestions before and was asking what your favorites are but nobody reacted. When I was asking two times what is the matter, still nobody reacted until Jona said I should do the booking so I did. And now you are coming and giving other suggestions. I don't understand this, why didn't you say anything earlier??!! :roll:
Errrm. Maybe you didn´t notice that I posted just right after you. Logical consequence is, that I wrote while you wrote. In fact, I didn´t see your posting before I read the last one... :roll:
Since nothing had happened on this matter for I while, I saw it fit to do something.
To answer your questions in detail:
1. Because I just called her before I wrote my posting.
2. No, why should you?
3. What?
4. See above.

I have no idea why you had to get so excited about this.
Also, please check your ! and ? key, the seem to be jammed. Wink

So I suggest the following, then:

Friday: heilig-geist
Saturday evening: Augustiner Keller
Sunday noon: eisgrub
Christian K.

Quote:Errrm. Maybe you didn´t notice that I posted just right after you. Logical consequence is, that I wrote while you wrote. In fact, I didn´t see your posting before I read the last one... :roll:
Since nothing had happened on this matter for I while, I saw it fit to do something.

I have no idea why you had to get so excited about this.
Also, please check your ! and ? key, the seem to be jammed. Wink

So I suggest the following, then:

Friday: heilig-geist
Saturday evening: Augustiner Keller
Sunday noon: eisgrub

And I strongly suggest that you should edit your posts when noticing that they crossed over in order that other people don't feel fooled. Or is your edit button blocked ;-) )

Your suggestion is accepted then.
No reason to edit. A simple reply was just right. As I said, I read your post about the reservation after your... excited posting. Since I have no time machine it would have been rather hard to avoid you feeling fooled
(which, as such, I cannot understand, since this is not a matter worth of such strong emotions, IMO). Anyway, not worth of saying a further word about it.
Everybody else d´accord with the propositions?
Christian K.

Sounds great! :-) ) Really looking forward to the lectures, visits and german cuisine.

Just to make sure, the entire group from legio xi (8 peoples) will arrive to late on friday to join you guys at the dinner table. We (jef, jurgen and I) are only able to leave Antwerp at 5-7pm, so will probably arrive around 10pm. Yves and the other 4 will arrive even later that night.

Best regards and see you all in a few days!
Tom
Tom Pinceel
a.k.a.
Caius Titius Verus

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.LEGIOXI.be">www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Everybody else d´accord with the propositions?
I think so, but now that our Flemish friends will be a bit late, I think that the number of eaters has to be lowered a bit.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
O.K., so now I made the following reservations:
Saturday noon 12:00 Weinhaus Specht ca. 20 persons
Sunday noon 13:30 Eisbräu ca 20 persons
Eisbräu will send me their menu, I´ll print it out and hand it around sunday morning so that everyone can mark what he / she wants to eat. Two hours before we go ther I´ll call them and let them know what we´ll eat, so that we don´t have to wait for our food and everyone can get home on time.

Haven´t reached Heilig-Geist yet, but since we´e a smaller group on friday, it shouldn´t be a problem.
Christian K.

I also agree on the propositions. Jurjen and i should arrive on Friday at about 3-4 pm
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:O.K., so now I made the following reservations:
Saturday noon 12:00 Weinhaus Specht ca. 20 persons
Sunday noon 13:30 Eisbräu ca 20 persons
Eisbräu will send me their menu, I´ll print it out and hand it around sunday morning so that everyone can mark what he / she wants to eat. Two hours before we go ther I´ll call them and let them know what we´ll eat, so that we don´t have to wait for our food and everyone can get home on time.

Haven´t reached Heilig-Geist yet, but since we´e a smaller group on friday, it shouldn´t be a problem.

Sounds very promising! Really looking forward to it. See you all on friday!
ALA I BATAVORUM
For Friday 19:00 I made a reservation for ca. 10 at the Heilig-Geist, on my Name.
Christian K.

Quote:For Friday 19:00 I made a reservation for ca. 10 at the Heilig-Geist, on my Name.
I may be a bit later in Mainz than originally scheduled; but I will certainly be there for dinner!!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website