• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT conference program
See you all later today!
ALA I BATAVORUM
Dad waz like todally awesome! Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Enjoyed it enormously. Thank you guys for a very pleasant weekend. Hope to see the photos soon.

Hans
Flandria me genuit, tenet nunc Roma
Thank you guys! It was truely great :-) ) Hope everyone got home safe?
Tom Pinceel
a.k.a.
Caius Titius Verus

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.LEGIOXI.be">www.LEGIOXI.be
It was very nice. Thanks to all who made this possible!

I'm definitely returning to Mainz once the RGMZ reopens it's Roman collection. Does anyone know when this would be?

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:I'm definitely returning to Mainz once the RGMZ reopens it's Roman collection.
It's the Landesmuseum, actually; the website offers no indication, and e-mail messages are usually left unanswered.
Quote:Hope everyone got home safe?
With a lot of difficulty... But the irregular transport to and from is my only complaint, and we can't blame the weathergods, can we? Thanks all for the nice weekend. I enjoyed your company very much.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
The Steinhalle is supposed to reopen sometime in 2010...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Stefan, I've had photos from the Museum for Ancient Shipping on Romanarmy.com for years (eg in the imagebase) and they never gave a peep. I took photos of the Oceanus mosaic, but it was very dark and, although I'm pretty tall, I'm way not tall enough to do an overview shot at right angles and there's no higher viewpoint to see it from.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:Stefan, I've had photos from the Museum for Ancient Shipping on Romanarmy.com for years (eg in the imagebase) and they never gave a peep.

Ok, but I have made pics of [size=150:2i4iytbc]NEARLY EVERYTHING[/size] there. If you interested, you can upload them; later, I plan to put them on WP Commons, too (from that point they are WP copyright, I think), but RAT would have priority.

The problem is that many pieces are not originals, but CASTS AND MODELS, so I do not know whether they are protected by copyright (originality) or not. And to be honest, over at WP, they have no real clue, either. Big Grin

Quote:I took photos of the Oceanus mosaic, but it was very dark and, although I'm pretty tall, I'm way not tall enough to do an overview shot at right angles and there's no higher viewpoint to see it from.

Thank you, I was not aware that light conditions were so bad there, so the one I have may not be so bad at all. Is it in your database already?
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Quote: made pics of NEARLY EVERYTHING there
So have I. :lol:
I'd say that a cast adds nothing to the original work, but models are largely based on interpretation and research, so they could very well claim copyright on those.

No, I haven't yet uploaded any photos anywhere, but I'll be happy to send you a photo of the sails being reefed.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Thank you for that great weekend! I really enjoyed it! Hopefully I will have the time to be there on the next conference in 2009. Big Grin
Andreas Raab
Yeah, it certainly was a nice weekend. I'm looking forward to 2009 already.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I, too enjoyed this weekend and got home with only a 20 minute delay. It started to snow on Sunday evening half an hour before my train went. But 20 minutes is not too bad, I've experienced worse with Deutsche Bahn.

Hope to see you all again next year.
I also got home safely. It was a very nice weekend, looking forward to next year!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Report on my blog
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys