Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mount Etna
Some time ago, I rewrote an article on Mount Etna; I had been there long time ago, but had received new photos from a friend of mine. And now look, she also has a movie of the flow of lava - go here. (I think I am becoming increasingly happy with movie cameras in telephones.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
wow, I didn't know people were allowed to go near the flowing lava. Confusedhock:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
It's a bit spookie up there just like being on the surface of the moon, a friend of mine took my wife and I up there not too many years ago. Then about a day or so later it blew it's top, that was when we saw the skie lifts melting on TV. However Jona I like the ancient Greek legend about the Giganties and the reference to it in that story. It goes that Gaia or Mother Earth was not happy with SEUZ for he had banished her sons the TITANS so she incited the GIGANTIES to rebel, where they threw burning trees and boulders at the heavens. The god SEUZ knew he could not defeat the GIGANTIES alone so he got a mortal HERACLESE to help him, in short when most of the GIGANTIES had been defeated one fled south in the AGEAN sea only to be followed by POSIEDON who tore off a piece of the island of KOS and threw it over that one. Then of course ATHEANA saw the GIGANTIE ENCALAUDUS fleeing west so she threw the island of SICILIA over him and he has been spitting out his fire and fury ever since.
Brian Stobbs
Good show!
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea