Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPQR Tattoo and Gladiator Re enactment.
Looks kinda Viking dragonish. You are right, though, the branding would have hurt more. Cry
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Looks kinda Viking dragonish. You are right, though, the branding would have hurt more. Cry

Much to my groups enjoyment, if they where there to watch it happen.
"Smithy", Justen M. Smith.

Rule Britannia, Britannia waives the rules.
Lovely tattoo mate... totally inaccurate to anything Roman so you'll have to cover it up at events mind you... but lovely tattoo anyway! :lol:

Now you're in the RAF, it may help you to pull birds when you're on airbases abroad... but it re-enactment terms... it's a 'no no' - we could cover it with make-up or a devastating bruise if you like!!! :wink:
BRITANNIA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.durolitum.co.uk">www.durolitum.co.uk
The SPQR tatoo in "Gladiator" was fictional, but it had a purpose. There were ferocious punishments for enslaving free citizens without a court condemnation, but the tattoo caused the slavers to assume that Maximus was a deserter (which he was, in a way) and therefore fair game.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:Lovely tattoo mate... totally inaccurate to anything Roman so you'll have to cover it up at events mind you... but lovely tattoo anyway! :lol:

Now you're in the RAF, it may help you to pull birds when you're on airbases abroad... but it re-enactment terms... it's a 'no no' - we could cover it with make-up or a devastating bruise if you like!!! :wink:

I will just wear 5th century for training if I am alowed to attend, I doubt I will be around for many shows this year, sorry to say, as I have either 16 weeks training to be a techy or 22 weeks for reg followed by 7 (para or sniper training) then the reg go on first tour of duty 2 weeks after training is finished.

Anyways speak soon.
Regards Smithy.

Quote:(para or sniper training)

They're giving you a gun!!!!!!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Look, once you've got it, can you go somewhere safe... like Belgium!

Anyways... see you at training no doubt... but I don't want to see that green festering thing on your skin...

...or your tattoo! :wink:
BRITANNIA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.durolitum.co.uk">www.durolitum.co.uk
I was thinking of moving to that town near my Nans house, I think it begins with B, whats that place called again. Big Grin wink:

Um what green thing do you mean and sorry the tattoo does not come off and no that is not an offer for you to try and make it come off Big Grin

speak soon Dan.

I was quite amused by this post! Just this past fall, I got a huge tattoo on my right calf in technicolor of my bright yellow rally car, along with some equally brightly colored blue and magenta things. I thought, "Naw, who cares about work- I can always wear pants." And then I joined Legio VI out here in California and while I had planned on wearing gender appropriate attire for 99% of events, I heard about the Fort Lafe event and knew I had to go as a soldier. It wasn't hard sewing my garments. Even making my lorica segmentata hasn't been hard or finding shoes or marching with the scuta and pila. It's just that I have this terrible... gangerene on my leg! Who knew my tattoo would interefere with my reenactment... Luckily, I have some really high socks and the part by my knee is blue so it looks like a bruise. : )

But there are some great tattoo cover up makeups out there. I studied theatrical makeup for some time if you need help with that. Your new tattoo looks great.
ANTONIA AURIGA, quadriga extraordinaire!
Lisa Klassen
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rallyestar.com">http://www.rallyestar.com

Sic semper tyrannis!
Any pics of you in kit Antonia?? I've seen one or 2 women who do legionary impressions but it isn't that common.

Looking at your website, it would be hard to mistake you for a man, no offense intended... :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I was quite amused by this post! Just this past fall, I got a huge tattoo on my right calf in technicolor of my bright yellow rally car, along with some equally brightly colored blue and magenta things. I thought, "Naw, who cares about work- I can always wear pants." And then I joined Legio VI out here in California and while I had planned on wearing gender appropriate attire for 99% of events, I heard about the Fort Lafe event and knew I had to go as a soldier. It wasn't hard sewing my garments. Even making my lorica segmentata hasn't been hard or finding shoes or marching with the scuta and pila. It's just that I have this terrible... gangerene on my leg! Who knew my tattoo would interefere with my reenactment... Luckily, I have some really high socks and the part by my knee is blue so it looks like a bruise. : )

But there are some great tattoo cover up makeups out there. I studied theatrical makeup for some time if you need help with that. Your new tattoo looks great.

Ahhh that would be good, I would (If I fight again) prefer to not have anything rapped around my arm as the padded armour is preventive enough, I really do not want anythig making it harder.

P.S I think Julius Caeser is trying to hit on you.

OH MY GOD YOUR CAR..........................WOW.....................................UM WOW AGAIN.
OH MY GOD YOUR TATTOO....................WOW.....................................UM WOW AGAIN.

I will say no more before I get my self into trouble..........[size=50:gsfyhuj2]Like caeser[/size]

Yes, very subtle Smithy :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Yes, very subtle Smithy :lol:

you started it *chesire grin smiley required*.

[size=50:1itnapl8]Got to becareful, I live near so many airports her other half would have no problem going allkick ass on me :lol: . (or herself, I really do not wnat to appear sexist)[/size]

I have got to say that I doubt anyone can beat that for a job.

Plus I am 18 being un subtle is what I do best.

:roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
My apoligies long long day so far.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator re-enactment from 1935! LĂ˝sandros 6 1,667 02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Uhrisa