Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mainz sword transformation
Yes! I'm very happy with his work. He commonly do iberian stuff, but i have convinced him to do some roman work.

The third photo is not of the same helmet. It's from a greek one (boetian?)
More pictures avitianus. Actually I have made two helmets, one big and one small, and I hope one of them suits you.
The ear protections aren't welded, they are hammered, and I only have to mount the accesories. In a few days I will have finished. Until then I hope you like the images

[Image: 1003058.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003073.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003077.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003079.th.jpg]
José Manuel Pastor
Quote:More pictures avitianus. Actually I have made two helmets, one big and one small, and I hope one of them suits you.

wow, that's what I would call service! And they look great. Would like I could own such a masterpiece.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hello, Hispano!

Great images. I'm very impatient...

The question is who wants to buy the other helmet? Anyone interested?
how much is he wanting for the other helmet and how much is shipping and handleing?
Dan DeLuca

ROMA VICTOR!

S.P.Q.R
Quote:how much is he wanting for the other helmet and how much is shipping and handleing?
Hello,
I have been absent for a few days and have seen your message now, and I'm sending you an e-mail
José Manuel Pastor
Quote:The third photo is not of the same helmet. It's from a greek one (boetian?)
Yes, it's an order to make it as similar as possible to this pictures:
[Image: pic10891.th.jpg]
[Image: grekobactrianeukratides.th.jpg]
José Manuel Pastor
Man! That s so cool guys! How did you make those helmets? are they spun? how does that work?
Travis
Not spun! There are raised with a hammer, beginning from a sheet of brass!
wow! I cant seem to get the hang of raising... I there any good tutorials on raising? with Brass?
Travis
Quote:La òstia! Confusedhock:

That's exactly what I think.... great work, César.
«‘Tis just a scratch.»
«A scratch? Your arm’s off.»
Et voilá, the complete cycle of LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS' helmets:

[Image: dsc00297.th.jpg]
[Image: dsc00296.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003058.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003073.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003077.th.jpg]
[Image: 1003079.th.jpg]
[Image: cascogalico4.th.jpg]
[Image: cascogalico2.th.jpg]
[Image: cascogalico1.th.jpg]
[Image: cascogalico3.th.jpg]
José Manuel Pastor
That's a very good looking helmet! Well done and thanks for sharing. Have to learn those skills Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
More pictures here:

<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26635&p=241158#p241158">viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26635&p=241158#p241158<!-- l

I'm very happy with the helmet. Has been a very good work and very funny to see how the work is going. I have give Pastor the pictures and asesoration (with some help from Peroni), and he has made the rest of work. Of course, it has been easier with the sizes taken from ROMANARMY.com, and the high detailed pictures form LEGIO VI web page ( www.legiosix.org ).

It's very diferent from a deepeeka helmet, because it's very irregular, and very light. In fact the original (without cheekpieces) only weights 800 grams.

So, you know if you want a very high quality custom work, with a affordable price, Pastor is the man!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replica of Mainz-Fulham Type \"Vindonissa\" Sword mkoehler 21 5,832 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Cheap gladius transformation LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS 3 1,761 02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake