Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm
Hello everyone .this is my last work at 54mm a st george cross russian company figure.
i tried to reproduce the scene where Trojans try to kill Achilles with arrows and moments later on Paris will hit hIs only mortal point his heel.
painted in acrylics oils(mainly metal) and inks .
tell me what you think of the flesh part .i tried hard to improve on that .dont know if i succeed.
any comments on all topics welcome
thanks
dimitris

[Image: achileslaststand001.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand002.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand004.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand005.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand006.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand007.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand008.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand009.jpg]
DIMITRIOS
Excellent painting. Very amazing detail in the armor and shield. The flesh tones are very convincing, too. Cloth looks right. Great job!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
thanks very much David for the comments!
DIMITRIOS
Well done indeed!

Having spent yesterday afternoon painting WH40K figures with my grandson I simply marvel at the quality shown here -- our finished figures are not even close to this level. I know how much work we put in for our modest results, so I can only imagine the effort and time you put in.

Congratulations.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
The painting is excellent, but I think the model itself is ahistorical. The helmet is a corinthian helmet, there's a Boeotian shield laying on the ground. Maybe this is "Homer's" Achilles, circa 800 BC, instead of a "real" Mycenaean Achilles, circa 1200 BC.
Michael D. Hafer [aka Mythos Ruler, aka eX | Vesper]
In peace men bury their fathers. In war men bury their sons.
thank you David for the kind comments.indeed it took a lot time around 1 month ia mslow painter.thanks again
dimitris
DIMITRIOS
Quote:The painting is excellent, but I think the model itself is ahistorical. The helmet is a corinthian helmet, there's a Boeotian shield laying on the ground. Maybe this is "Homer's" Achilles, circa 800 BC, instead of a "real" Mycenaean Achilles, circa 1200 BC.

hello thank for the comments.yes indeed this is homer achilles i brought a little fantasy in it.
DIMITRIOS
Very nice, like the bronze! Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
thanks Jasper!
DIMITRIOS
Very nice job indeed 8) - now go put on the song of the same name by Led Zeppelin!!! Big Grin (You'll find it on Presence)
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
i ripped the title from the zeppelin song!!i am a big hard rock fan!thanks my friend!!!
DIMITRIOS