Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th Century Frank
[Image: 3263825417_eef02d1b9c_m.jpg][Image: 3263822875_e471526cca_m.jpg][Image: 3263820395_5ee5477965_m.jpg][Image: 3264645786_609bf293ed_m.jpg]

I'm not totally happy with the way this looks. I need a new tunic with trim and tighter sleeves, a shield, and a spear. the helmet seems larger on my head than when I made it... odd my head shrank Wink actually I think I made it to wear with a mail coif and a padded coif. pictures are all clicky to make them bigger.

any thoughts?
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Nice work! Sweet weapons and armor! If I can give any advice with taking the pictures, (looking at the last two) If you had stepped back and to the left to catch some of that sun light on you, it would have made for a nice shot (not meaning to get out of the frame, but to move the camera too). (the way the sun is hitting the trees is cool) It would just create a light outline and help separate you from the background. Also if you got at a lower angle, it'll make you look taller (taking a pic from eye level makes the subject shrink). You chose a good time of day to take the pic.
Travis
Quote:I'm not totally happy with the way this looks.
Why not? OK, the tunic could be a bit shorter (knee length being more practical?), plus padding under the hamata of course, but for the rest you look fine.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
hmm really? ok kewl then. i won't make another one Wink i'll just shorten this one up a bit.

thanks.
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
I thought the tunics were shortened by pulling them up and fastening them with a belt?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel