Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas
Quote:The link to the linothorax find has been posted on RAT more than once. Mr Salimbeti is the one who has seen it first hand. It was found in a proto-geometric cemetery near Patras. A preliminary count suggests at least 10 layers of linen and part of the border is still intact, confirming that it is an armour fragment and not some folded cloth.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16574&p=160479

As I said there is nothing in this thread that has not been said before. Produce a photo of one of these Macedonian leather armours. That would be worth continued discussion.

Dan, please produce a photo of one of these scraps of linen. Any one. Hearsay evidence is not evidence. It is mere assertion. I keep hearing about this linen, but there's no follow up, not article, no evidence.

Here's well known example of scales over leather from the period as you defined it.

[Image: n681611203_973791_9994.jpg]

I suspect there's hundreds. I have another up on another thread. Paul M-S in Australia has put half a dozen up on various debates. But no one has any pictures of this mysterious linen....
Qui plus fait, miex vault.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas - by Kineas - 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linothorax vs Spolas katsika 109 32,312 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: MeinPanzer