Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas
Quote:Dan, please produce a photo of one of these scraps of linen. Any one. Hearsay evidence is not evidence. It is mere assertion. I keep hearing about this linen, but there's no follow up, not article, no evidence.
The dig is ongoing. There will be no report for several years. Same with the Thebes arsenal. The best we'll get until then is a first hand account from someone who examined it personally.

Quote:Here's well known example of scales over leather from the period as you defined it.
If this is all there is then we have no disagreement. I have already acknowledged that the Greeks used leather scale armour. It is by far the most common form of leather armour and has been used by many cultures since the Bronze Age. My problem is with taking this and using it to justify the existence of leather breastplates and tube-and-yoke style armours. Plenty of cultures used leather scale and did not use solid leather armour.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books

Messages In This Thread
Re: Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas - by Dan Howard - 02-24-2009, 08:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linothorax vs Spolas katsika 109 32,317 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: MeinPanzer