Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas
Cole wrote:
Quote:I think you miss one of the most important factors armour provides besides protection: morale.

Quite right, of course, Cole - as is Paul B's point about fashion. There will doubtless be other factors too, but my point really was just that armour is seldom designed to be 'weapon proof' for all sorts of reasons.....

Ruben wrote:
Quote: We should really get at the very least a single post summarizing all the literary and archaeological evidence known so that whenever this discussion inevitably pops up again, it can be pointed to.

I'm working on a first draft of this - and doubtless I'll overlook something, or the summary will be considered biased ( we did one which is buried on the 'Linothorax' thread somewhere, which I'll use as a basis). Everyone can then add to this, maybe wikipaedia style? :wink: :wink:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff

Messages In This Thread
Re: Linothorax vs Quilted linen vs spolas - by Paullus Scipio - 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linothorax vs Spolas katsika 109 32,057 08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: MeinPanzer