Best of LUCK Today
Here's hoping you MS users have some good luck with that VIRUS :roll:

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Thanks Hibernicus!,so far,so good down this neck of the woods(the Gods willing) :| .
Iain Victory is Mine..stewie griffin
My Xbox 360 just died a few days ago...if my computer goes down too things will get broken. :twisted:

Legion: TBD
Keep the toys in the pram now Magnus!! :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:
What virus is this?

Speaking of going down, we just had another chopper go down today, this time no survivors. Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Wow -- good to hear from you, Byron. I was thinking about you when I heard about the crash. There'll be a lot of distraught families tonight: condolences to all.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Thanks Duncan.
Yes, this is the same field and same helicopter company that went down last month.
It is a terrible loss to the families and is also a worry for all those who are travelling offshore these days.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Is it just me, or does it seem that there has been a lot of aerial vehicle crashes in the last few months...more so than usual?

No more than usual,it's just that some(i.e those deemed"newsworthy")get reported and others don't,what i'd like to know is why the S Pumas have'nt been grounded yet!,i'm aware that this is somewhat off-topic but two in a few weeks,and from the same fleet! i hope someone is pulling their finger out right now :evil: .
Quote:Here's hoping you MS users have some good luck with that VIRUS
The VIRUS here is the Conficker Worm. it was suppose to have done some nasty stuff after April 1, but not much of anything actually happened:
[url:72v6qjrn]http://www.newser.com/story/54924/conficker-worm-date-passes-quietly-so-far.html[/url]

Magnus you're Xbox 360 died from a well known fault which has nothing to do with any virus.
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
Quote:No more than usual,it's just that some(i.e those deemed"newsworthy")get reported and others don't,what i'd like to know is why the S Pumas have'nt been grounded yet!,i'm aware that this is somewhat off-topic but two in a few weeks,and from the same fleet! i hope someone is pulling their finger out right now :evil: .

The have not all been super pumas thats why.
The first was pilot error, the one in Canada was a different type of helicopter altogether,
and was a mechanical failure, which has been pinpointed, this last one, we don't know the cause, but it is an earlier model, and these helicopters have flown faithfully in various guises since the late 80's early 90's.

The company involved has grounded their own fleet of these, but I doubt it will be
a common problem with the model.

The time to impact from the momentary mayday was very fast, and it went in like a bullet from eyewitness accounts. The recovery of the bodies and a proper investigation, including an analysis of the flight recorder/black box information willbe the correct way to proceed, not a knee jerk reaction.

Sorry I changed the subject here guys, just we are out here, and panic mongering will not solve the problem, the pilots are understandably nervous, and are being super cautious as a result of this series of incidents.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks Lee, I hadn't heard about that one, but I think there may be signs of it floating about.......files go missing, settings are changed etc?

Could be mischievious collegues too! :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Byron!,sorry about this but i think you might have misunderstood my meaning,Firstly,when i refered to air accidents,i meant all types of machine worldwide,not just Super Pumas(nor other Helicopters)and,Secondly,i meant grounding,in the short term,as a precautionary measure(as i believe the operater has since done),as you well know,it's better to lose some money than lives,i know from experience,anyhow,i'd better go lest i get accused of hi-jacking this thread,all the best.
Quote:Magnus you're Xbox 360 died from a well known fault which has nothing to do with any virus.

Yes, I know Lee. I was simply mentioning it because of how much more angry I'd be if my computer went down also...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Differing lottery luck! ParthianBow 1 712 04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jona Lendering