Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War- Battle strategies
Roma Surrectum (II) is great! A pity I still have an exam this monday, otherwise I'd be playing it again..

RS II adds unbelievable depth to the game. :grin:
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
I just came up with this new strategy for just about any situation, get 6 urbans 4 arcani 7 praetorian cav 2 archer auxila and 1 first cohort form them up with 2 urbans in the front and 2 urbans on either flank of the front ones angled diagonally backwards and 2 arcani behind each of the diagonal lines of urbans. Then put your praetorian cav behind. Put your 1st legionary cohort with your general in the center with your 2 archer auxila and just wait for the enemy to attack. Any questions or comments just post on my forum.
Nice strategy! The one thing is what if they get through the center of your two light infantry and smash your missle troops. Also, I would put your cav guarding the flanks.
Good tactic Smile shou;d try it out when I play as Macedon in RTW Smile
Here is a picture gallery of how I defend a bridge. On RTW(vanilla)I was positioned in enemy territory outside of Antioch on the bridge. They attacked me and I was compelled to defend myself. :twisted:

1. As they march to the bridge to cross it I array my force.
2. My wall of Hoplites is first the Mercenary Hoplites are back up
3. Ranged troops pull the aggressors until they get close enough for the Peltasts and Militia Cavalry
4. The main clash is on and quickly is my opponents leader killed.(Hoplites vs. Chariots...ouch!) The route is on.
5. Militia Cavalry having spent all their Javelins gives chase. The End...

Greece vs. Egyptians

My Units
2 Armored Hoplites (one is general unit)
4 Hoplites
2 Mercenary Hoplites
1 Archer
2 Rhodian Slingers
2 Peltasts
2 Militia Cavalry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,188 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,088 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67