Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hearty hello to everyone in this great community!

I have been reading these forums for quiet some time and I believe now it is a good time to introduce myself and get involved as much as I can!

I am a member of a Living History group from Slovakia, which specializes on the first third of the fifteenth century. An important decision was made last summer to create an Anciete Greece division, so that we can finally offer something new and "exotic" for our central european audience. Our focus is on the classic period between the years 450-400 bc.

Things have started to move quiet quickly this year, so I have spent a lot of time studing various sources and I have to say that you guys are very educated, experienced and your discussions are very helpful also for people who are not directly involved in them. I have already improved my knowledge a lot by reading them and many of my questions were answered just by searching through the forum.

Even though there are only few group members initially interested in our Ancient Greece project (unfortunately limited by their income.. focusing on two completely different history periods can be very expensive you as guys surely know), there is a very interesting project under way! We are currently in the process of building a fully functional greek direme (almost 17m long and 5m tall, if we include the rear part of the ship), which should be capable of sea travel and if Poseidon allows, will be finished this summer! I will make sure to post screens to demonstrate our progress Smile

I am looking forward to our future discussions!

Kind regards,

Juraj "Lysandros" Skupy
Juraj "Lýsandros" Skupy
Dierarchos
-----------------------
In the old times, people were much closer to each other. The firing range of their weapons simply wasnt long enough Smile
Quote:Hthere is a very interesting project under way! We are currently in the process of building a fully functional greek direme (almost 17m long and 5m tall, if we include the rear part of the ship), which should be capable of sea travel and if Poseidon allows, will be finished this summer! I will make sure to post screens to demonstrate our progress Smile

First of all, welcome on RAT Juraj. Hope you'll have a nice time here, and I see you already saw lot of the community we've here.

Then about your Direme. That sounds very cool. I'm really looking forward to the pictures. Seems that ships got some more interest lately as there are more ship building projects going on. We just had the official 'start' of the project by of the Millingen ship last week, which should be ready in about 2 years.
ALA I BATAVORUM