Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about "cross postings"
I would like to know a view things. (from the moderators or others)

At the moment I am active at 3 forums al concidering ancient reenacting.
Sometimes when I do have a question I do like to post the same question in all off these at the same time.
Yust to get all the information and different views I can get...
My question is. :Is this OK, or is this maybe againts the rules... I ask this because sometimes I do read something about cross posting? and then in general in a negative way... so... :?

Another question a little differend is: When I would like to show stuff of mine (like something what I make, have made or bought) then would you prefere to have the whole thing posted here on this forum, or can I also just make a new topic and say hey take a look here! and then post the Url of one of the other forums..?

Sincerly Folkert
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
Hi, Folkert. I don't think there is any rule about cross posting, if by that you mean putting the same question on different forums, at least not here. I think copying long entries from one forum to another might be a different matter. But letting the conversation run in different forums should not be a problem.

There are plenty of posts on RAT that include, "...this conversation is going on on [link to some other forum]" so I don't think there's a problem with that, either. It actually helps to keep the conversation lines uncluttered.

People are still free to have as many conversations on a given topic as they want to participate in. No surprise that you may get as many answers as the forums you post on, though. Different fields of study have different sources of information or misinformation. And different groups of people have their own agendas, and their own biases, so it may be that you get conflicting info. That's not unique to the modern times, either, as you already know: one ancient historian has one view of the [culture or civilization] while another has just the opposite. So which one was right? That's the struggle, isn't it?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hi Folkert,
Some additional info. Cross-posting on different forums throughout the web is fine as David saud, but though we do not have a rule, it is generally frowned upon to post the same topic in different sections of RAT.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Requiring minimum # of postings to post in Marketplace Cassius Tullius 2 1,876 10-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Athena Areias