Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR TREK- worst movie EVER
Aww, I actually enjoyed the movie.

But I knew going into it was going to be a whole new "revisioning with some new ideas" of characters and "plot". Knowing it was JJ Abrahams I was fully expecting a ridiculous amount of gigantosaur explosions and lots of lasers pew pew pew pew!

I thought the cast was well done, and they all got mannerisms down very well. I think Bones stole the show, with Kirk right up there, too.

Although I too *hated* the Romulans-with-tattoos-oh no not tattoos, that means they're the rebellious bad guys! *gasp!*
And that ship was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

But overall I did enjoy the movie.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
I think the new "look" to this version of Star Trek is no different than the new look and feel of Batman, or James Bond. New audience, new set of likes and dislikes for this generation. I think however that the movie captured the essence of what made the Trek movies great...

Though I do agree I wish more of the Star Trek series design was incorporated into it...didn't like the new warp nacelles on this enterprise, looked too modern over the '64 version. I'd also have liked to see a Romulan Warbird...very cool ship...though the Bird of Prey is still my fav.

[Image: Klingon_Bird-of-Prey.jpg]

My close 2nd...

[Image: News5_6.jpg]

Legion: TBD
Quote:the Quest for Peace, .

Ummm...that was a Superman film wasn't it?

I went, I saw, I liked. It's a nice, loud popcorn movie with some good laughs, some nice nods to those in the know and some nice big space battles.
I think it's greatest achievement is that my 14 year old daughter, who has previously shown no interest at all in a science fiction series that finished before here father was born, was keen to go, thoroughly enjoyed it and is now wanting to look at TOS. Just have to keep her away from Voyager and Enterprise.

Matt, if you think that this is the worst movie ever then you've obviously never seen some of the shockers I've been subjected to over the years. "Dungeons and Dragons" perhaps, or "Legend"?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Quote:I went, I saw, I liked. It's a nice, loud popcorn movie with some good laughs, some nice nods to those in the know and some nice big space battles.
I think you've summed it up perfectly. I'm no Trekkie -- the last time I saw Star Trek was probably 1970s re-runs during the school vacations -- but I appreciated the nods to (what now seems to be called) TOS. Karl Urban and Zachary Quinto are perfect ringers for their predecessors, even down to their mannerisms, and Chris Pine is believable in the spirit of a young William Shatner; even Simon Pegg's comedy Glasgow accent was an acceptable substitute for James Doohan's San Franberdonian. I was impressed and entertained (though, as someone else said earlier, the action was sometimes cut so fast as to be unwatchable).
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Ancient Rome on Star Trek?

Did Someone say Bread & Circuses...

[Image: 1001044.jpg]

[Image: 44titleobr.jpg]

[Image: 44obr69.jpg]

I just love Legionaries armed with M3 Grease Guns. (A simple WWII era 45 cal submachine gun we were still using as tank crew weapons in 1980)

More Here...

http://www.voyager.cz/tos/epizody/44bre ... esobr4.htm

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Frankly, I've seen worse kit... :wink:
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

Ahhhh... I don´t know what all this fuss is about...
If one knows Starship Troopers, Babylon 5, Space 2063, Aliens, and ESPECIALLY, Warhammer 40.000, Star Trek seems like the Bill Cosby show of science fiction anyway... LOL :wink:
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Hey, Legend was a great flick!

Legion: TBD
I actually enjoyed Starship Troopers #3
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
I actually read that Abrams said Trekkies wouldnt like it. I've never seen any other Star Trek in my life, and this movie looks badass. So im going for sure (unless I die of course Tongue )
Nomen:Jared AKA "Nihon" AKA "Nihonius" AKA "Hey You"

Now with Anti-Varus protection! If your legion is lost for any reason, we will give it back! Guaranteed!

Carpe Dium
Quote:Frankly, I've seen worse kit
And astonishingly, they have leather armor in their century, too! Wow! Hollywood pervades the whole universe(s)!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
And a Vulcan "companion cavalry" in ST V led by Spock's brother.
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu
Quote:Hey, Legend was a great flick!

I admire the fact that you managed to type that sentence without bursting into laughter. Good one.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

Got to agree about Babylon 5....great series and on-going despite cancellation ! Much more 'gritty' than the rather 'sacharin ' Star Trek universe..... Smile D
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:I thought it was great...dialogue was fantastic, special effects were great...looking forward to the next one.

Aw dude- isn't it worse for cops to be on crack? LOL But then you liked ST V so I guess there's no accounting for taste :wink:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About rating 4 star 5 star SAJID 8 8,126 06-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Star Wars or Star Trek? :D Marcus Cassius LegioXIV 48 12,773 03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Decius
  Star Trek trailer Tarbicus 12 3,106 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: maius