Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getae and Dacians? Are they the same? Or is this unknowable?
Well, lets see again, probably my not that well english doesnt help me too much. When i said Dacian culture related to Goths, i reffer mostly at ceramic and so on, archeological findings. When i said that Goths reffer to them as being the ofsprings of Getae, the Getae is the same with Dacians ( see what Issidor from Sevilla said about the names existing in Spain, Dicineo, Buruista, Zalmoxis, all Geto-Dacian names, and important ones, as well what Jordanes write, inspired by Cassiodorus and many others ), there is not too much to debate that Getae and Dacians wasnt the same peoples, and the fact that Goths themsleves consider that Getae ( Dacians ) are their ancestors show the prestige of the Dacians among the Goths, even an at least partial Dacian heritage, what prouve you need more ? And when i said "physical" Dacian presence among the Goths, i reffer to the fact that Goths was a mix of several peoples, including here Dacians ( Getae ). And Goths, as specific group of peoples named like that, was allways considered as Getae too, in ancient times, and even in medieval ones. I will be glad that someone present when and where appear first time Gothic texts and legends, not from which period of time are supposed to be, but when was discovered exactly, and by who ?
Razvan A.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Getae and Dacians? Are they the same? Or is this unknowable? - by diegis - 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Re: Getae and Dacians? - by Vincula - 11-15-2009, 09:48 PM