Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laus Jaspris sive de museo Halterni
This will probably result in an I.P.-block, but sometimes the cruel truth needs to be said.

Look at this man, so dedicated to the study of ancient warfare that, while making a photo of some Roman relief, he ignores the most beautiful woman in history: Cleopatra. This is our Jasper in action, in the Seestadthalle in Haltern, at the Imperium exposition. We visited it on June 11, and I am still stupefied: it is easily the most beautiful exposition I have seen in five years.

Thanks for joining us today, dear Jasper; and laudes for being an excellent webmaster, a ridiculously dedicated editor of Ancient Warfare, and a true friend.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Another little-known fact: Jasper earned an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Dr. Mark Green on the television series ER:
:wink:

[Image: Greene.jpg]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hmmm, I take it he stopped smoking after the part came to an end? Tongue mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
What exactly are you implying dear Byron?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hmmmm, well ol' matey, lets just say you appear to lead less stressful and comfortable life style now....
Tongue lol: :mrgreen:

Just kidding big guy!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ah. Yes, you mentioned you were looking for negative laudes, didn't you? That can be arranged, as many as you want. How about -1000? :twisted:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Yikes!! :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
That got quite close to:

You're watching what's been billed as the most romantic scene in any movie ever, and all you can think is: What kind of armor is he wearing? :mrgreen:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Jona wrote:
Quote:.....he ignores the most beautiful woman in history: Cleopatra......

Hardly "..the most beautiful woman in history..", Surely ?
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Why not? Or do you want to count Raquel Welch amongst the historical beauties of planet earth?

Legion: TBD
Hey guys....Helen of Sparta was the most beautiful woman on earth......EVERYone knows that, c'mon!! :roll: :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Hey guys....Helen of Sparta was the most beautiful woman on earth......EVERYone knows that, c'mon!! :roll: :roll:
That's only because her story is so oldd - everyone knows that a tale gets bigger and better each time it's told. I bet she had crooked teeth and smelled of onions. :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
She probably does now, but when I knew her, hoi man, she was hot!! :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laus Mercedei Benzis Jona Lendering 14 2,530 10-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Magnus