Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A late Roman approach to the crisis
US cities may have to be bulldozed in order to survive

And now they will build walls, and withdrawn troops from the far away and isolated borders of the empire. Canadians, this is your moment to conquest new grazing lands... :lol:

Well, I agree mostly with the idea, if used in places as depopulated as Flint (90%!). The cost of maintenance of cities with such low density, with big unpopulated areas may be economically unbearable, endangering the little economy that survives, and at the same time some jobs will be created.

The capitalism won´t be "refounded" but at least some urban development schemes may be... :roll:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
On a humorous note:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29392

You know what else is strange and oddly familiar?
A few years ago we tried using a "two birds with one stone" approach to solve a pair of problems. One, we have a lot of undocumented immigrants living in the country who do not have citizenship, and two, our military recruiters are having a hard time reaching their goals because the extended deployments overseas have made military service unpopular.

So our Congress tried passing a bill recently that would give citizenship to any "alien who has served in the uniformed services for at least two years and, if discharged, has received an honorable discharge."

The bill, called Lex Julia of 90 BC err excuse me The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill didn't pass, but a lot of people still like the idea and would like to see it implemented.

So Iagoba... if you have Canadian friends who would choose to plunder Michigan, they had better do it before our Foederati arrive to repopulate the garrisons! :wink:

WHat has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun.