Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medal nominating
I noticed that our profiles now have a "nominate medal" option, a link that opens to a page on which you can write why you want to offer a medal to someone. But will that person know of it? I mean, it would be nice if our new member Jasper Oorthuys does not know that he is nominated for a Crista Traversa for the best newcomer; the surprise will be even greater.

This may be a small topic, but I think that the RAT-system of awards is one of the reasons why this is a nice forum. And yes, I noticed someone who is worthy of a medal.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Good question. Don't know. Go ahead and try with me. When the experiment has been concluded we can remove the nomination again.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
And otherwise you can always nominate me Big Grin (without Jasper having to remove the nomination LOL)

But indeed it would be better if the member itself isn't noticed about the nomination and just any time get an email 'You are awarded the ...award'. And then login onto RAT and finds a topic with congratulations. Anyway, it would be good to give some more medals again. Long time since some were given, as far as I know.
ALA I BATAVORUM
I have nominated Jasper for a "best debutant" award.
Quote:it would be good to give some more medals again. Long time since some were given
Yep. My personal theory is that it contributes to the pleasant atmosphere over here. If men are involved -and most people over here are men- there's always an element of competition, and the awards make you strive for them; otherwise, men will try to have the last say on the subject, which results in endless debates about trivialities.
Jona Lendering
My website
For those interested, the nominee does not know that he is nominated.
Jona Lendering
My website