Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Republic socio-political RPG!
Hey guys!

Not sure if anyone's interested, but since you are Rome enthusiasts as I am, I thought that I should hint you towards a REALLY good RPG, called "The Republic Reborn" based on the Late Republic (110 BC onwards). The essence of the game: you role-play a Senator and try to become the First Man in Rome by political cunning and skill on the battlefield, amidst the cataclysmic events of the Late Republic. There's great attention to detail by almost every member, and there's always something new to learn - RR has a collection of highly educated people, who emphasize mostly on historical accuracy of the Roman society and the era. That's not to say that there aren't some slight anachronisms (it's an alternative reality of late Roman history, after all!), but there isn't any eye-catching historical fallacy!

Apart from the political and the social aspect of the Game, there's also the unique side of campaign\\war. Basically, you get to command an army entirely, judging how and when to march, where to, and generally given all the micromanagement a General was faced with. When you are in a campaign, you get to issue your commands, direct the entire war effort according to your whim and based on your strategy and that of your adversaries (usually played by another member or an arbiter) and after taking into consideration a wide collection of factors that can sway the outcome of a battle, you are given your results, your casualties, your prisoners and captured monies etc etc etc. I think it's really realistic and appealing to every man with a wargame interest!

Anyway, here's a link to the main site - [url:2xqqxdjf]http://www.ancientworlds.net/aw/Group/923496[/url]

If you have questions or if you are interested, PM me! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colors for Late Republic Romans? Anonymous 12 4,968 07-14-2002, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Anonymous