Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vicarii of the Dioceses
Salve,

I am finishing up my book on the rise and fall of Hannibalianus and Dalmatius. Almost Done, Almost done, almost done.

However I ran across a problem. I know I can, as author, use literary license and just make up names, but I am trying to keep this as historically accurate as possible while still writing a novel

Does anyone know where I can find a listing of the names of the Vicarii of the Dioceses during the three years of their political careers, 335-337?

Thank you very much,

Me.
AKA Tom Chelmowski

Historiae Eruditere (if that is proper Latin)
Quote:Does anyone know where I can find a listing of the names of the Vicarii of the Dioceses during the three years of their political careers, 335-337?
Which dioceses?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Ave Vortigern Studies,

Thanks for reading and replying.

Of course, my greatest wish, for my own knowledge, would be for a listing of every Vicarius in every Diocese, but for my story I am concerned with Britannia, Hispania, both Germanias, Thracia and Pontica.

I am not a student, so I don't have ready access to any library, but I can get most books if I can find them anywhere in the US through the Inter-Library-Loan.

If you have a listing, I would appreciate your sharing. If you have the title and ISBN of some book I would appreciate it also.

Thanks again for your response,

Me.
AKA Tom Chelmowski

Historiae Eruditere (if that is proper Latin)