Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten Most Historically Inaccurate Movies
Quote:Any film that has Lucy Lawless naked is by definition a good film.

Clearly, this is where Ed Wood missed the boat with Plan 9 From Outer Space. :?

If only Lucy Lawless had been available to him, who knows -- Ed Wood might have been the George Lucas of his day and we would now be collecting Plan 9 Action Figures instead of Clone Troopers. :roll:

OK, perhaps that is a bit much, but then again so is Ms. Lawless... Confusedhock: :oops:

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:If only Lucy Lawless had been available to him, who knows -- Ed Wood might have been the George Lucas of his day and we would now be collecting Plan 9 Action Figures instead of Clone Troopers.

The last 6 of Lucas' "Planned 9" Star Wars movies seem to indicate that he is the Ed wood of our day! But perhaps I am showing my age :wink:
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"
Well played sir!

I think it will be up to the Son Of Lucas to redeem the father by filming the final trilogy and sending the saga out on a high note.

At least, I hope so.

(Talk about showing one's age, I still believe that making Darth Vader the father of Luke rather than his killer was the one mistake from which all others in this story spring. But that is another discussion for another thread... :oops: )

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
300 is based on a comic, thats why its not in the list.

Whats strikes me: of the 10 movies, 3 of them are by Mell Gibson :wink:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:300 is based on a comic, thats why its not in the list.

Yes, and that comic book was based upon the old 1962 film, The 300 Spartans. Talk about circular sources...

:roll:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Talk about circular sources...

I know one worse. In the movie that Last Samurai, Tom Cruise's character tells the Samurai about Thermopylae and seemingly uses this knowledge to come up with his final tactics. A large part of this is the old "wall of fire". Now, there was no wall of fire in the ancient accounts of thermopylae (at least as far as I know!). There was a wall of fire in the 60's movie "The 300 Spartans." So we are left with the notion that Cruise's character had access to a time machine that only took him to a cheap movie theatre in the 1960's!
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"
Quote:So we are left with the notion that Cruise's character had access to a time machine that only took him to a cheap movie theatre in the 1960's!
Or that the researchers believed the 60s movie to be based utterly on fact, OR that they really didn't care, since it made for a good visual effect.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Then there was Bruce Willis's "Last Man Standing" set in the 1930s American west which was based on the Italian-produced, Spanish-filmed Spaghetti Western "A Fistful of Dollars" which was based on the Japanese samurai film "Yojimbo" which was based on the Dashiell hammett novel "Red Harvest" which was set in the 1920s American west.
Pecunia non olet
Why is it that these directors can't get it right I mean a real Panzer looks just as good (and IMO way better) than a Sherman painted to look like a Panzer.

Or even worse having 21st century destroyers parked alongside the USS Arizona (The truth is revealed at last) Japan learned that FDR had sent some people forward in time to get an Arleigh Burke and its cruise missiles but they bought along the director of a really bad movie and so to save people from historical innacuracy they bombed Pearl Harbor hoping to wipe out the film crew and the director. That's what really happened :twisted: :lol: Smile shock: :wink: )
Ben.
Oh those Japanese -- such harsh film critics.

:roll:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Any film that has Lucy Lawless naked is by definition a good film.

I agree totally with this. :mrgreen: Anyway I think she was sexier in Xena, with her looong black hair
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]
I have seen more images from Agora (Alejandro Amenabar). Legionaries with pseudo imperial gallic helmets, scutum taken from the HBO series Rome, officers with leather musculata and great eagles in their chests... Cry I am really dissapointed. This one could be into this ranking...
Javier Sanchez

"A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient"
[Image: 76946975ce3.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "10 Most Historically Inaccurate Movies" - Yahoo! Theodosius the Great 69 16,036 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Last Post: john m roberts