Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Hur Live
Hey guys,

have you ever heard of the show Ben Hur Live?
My girlfriend told me about it and the homepage www.benhurlive.com looks pretty amazing.
I'd like to visit one of the shows, but I wanted to ask for your opinion wheter you think it's worth it or not.
I think to see the story of Ben Hur in a live show can be nothing but immensely huge and absolutely great.
And if somebody like Stewart Copeland from The Police is doing the soundtrack for it, it's getting even better.
So what do you guys think?
Difficult to say if it's worth it or not, as premiere is in 3 weeks time... It seems rehealsals are currectly taking place in Düsseldorf.

As to the rest.. The pictures show completely fanciful clothing, skeletal ships on wheels, one guy in a quadriga - one wonders how this can be based on a late 19th-century novel.
There seem to be a lot of birds of prey involved. But it seems to be basically an opera event with much exitement and careering quadrigas (two)?

But to say that it
Quote:can be nothing but immensely huge and absolutely great.
sounds more like you are maybe involved in promoting this event? :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I will see that show in Hamburg because I will hand out flyers for the local concert agency at the entrance. It will take place at the indoor venue where usually handball and ice hockey matches are taking place so you get an idea how large the field where the action will take place is. I wonder how they will fit four to five quadrigae in it and make a race with them.

I will report when I've seen the show.
Quote:I wonder how they will fit four to five quadrigae in it and make a race with them.
How about a figure 8 track with a flat intersection at the center? Could be really exciting and crowd pleasing...but only if there's at least six chariots, so the field gets spread out, and collisions at center are possible. Confusedhock:

The mind does have its ways of running in strange circuits, doesn't it? :? lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
But to say that it
Quote:can be nothing but immensely huge and absolutely great.
sounds more like you are maybe involved in promoting this event? :wink:

Perhaps once soldier adds his real name to his signature, all will be revealed? Or not.... Tongue
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Friends, this "soldier" is a spammer and posted the more or less same message over at the german Geschichtsforum. I've noticed the powers that be that he (and this thread) will be delivered to damnatio memoriae.

Btw. "Ben Hur Live" has any claims of historical accuracy that the 501st Stormtrooper Legion would have, too.
Tertius Mummius
(Jan Hochbruck)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flavii.de">www.flavii.de
Plugger.. Plugger... Plugger....

The show will most probably be a load of sensationalist shite
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk