Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spartan Mora regiments at Battle of Plataea
I must say, in all honesty, that it is quite possible he did not visit Plataea. On the other hand, if he visited Athens, there is no good reason why he might not have. As I've written before, the Spartan tomb may have been internally divided rathe than so differentiated on the outer. As the 'new' Scotty said on ST: "this is fun!!"

An aside: have these tombs been excavated at all?? And where did I see that piece on the Spartan "tomb" at Athens?

Meanwhile, now that we've done this, perhaps I should wander down the hallway to the Achaean / Aetolian thread and pay up for the'one pound argument'?! (just need to watch out for 'hit on the head' lessons...)
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plataea 2021 List of Research Topics Sean Manning 13 3,133 01-20-2022, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  The Strength and Organization of the Persian Army at Plataea Sean Manning 16 7,027 07-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Sean Manning
  Battle of Plataea hoplite07 14 3,768 08-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Paullus Scipio