Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans, Legions
Amazon's out-of-print service found Evans, Legions of Imperial Rome. Price is USD 62,-. I've never seen this book, is it a worthwhile addition to the collection?<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper <p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi Jasper,<br>
<br>
Quick note here as I'm off to work soon.<br>
<br>
Evans is fine but not scholarly. It's a very common title on the used US book market. Try searching at alibris.com or abebooks.com. You can do much better than $62.00.<br>
<br>
I never use Amazon or B&N used book searches as they invariably tack on an outrageous middleman's fee.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
<br>
Jenn <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I second the alibris and abebooks: you can even have them send you alerts when a new copy is found. I have had good luck with Half.com, particularly price wise, though you don't find the books as often since the prices tend to be a lot lower. Still, they have agents too that will alert you when the book is available, or let you pre-order the book if it meets what you're looking for as to condition & price. <p></p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Thanks!<br>
I'll have a look,<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Received Evans, Soldiers of Rome today from Alibirs. It seems its Legions of Imperial Rome with a 50 page essay about the Praetorian guard added. Price $13,-<br>
That's indeed a lot better than $62,-!<br>
<br>
Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys