Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Osprey series?
I was looking through Borders and saw some Osprey books with green covers by Mark Healy; is this a new series? <p></p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Green covers? All I got was "No Picture of this Title" or something like that. I surfed over to www.osprey-publishing.co.uk/, looked in the "What's New" section and found a "Battle of Adrianople" that has recently been released. I have most all of their Roman books, so I dont think they have a new series that includes the Roman military or I would know about it.<br>
<br>
<p>...in layman's terms.</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=thecaesariansection>The Caesarian Section</A> at: 5/11/01 3:55:04 am<br></i>
Salve,<br>
<br>
Could this be one of the Osprey trade editions? They have been issuing reeditions of their regular titles, comprising either a single or a combination of earlier Men-At-Arms, Elite and Campaign books, with new covers and titles for some time (eg Legions of the north really being a reissue of their previous MAA Roman army title). This is a regular source for false alarms over supposedly new Osprey books on Roman warfare.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
One of the books was on the Egyptian Pharoah and egyptian military. I'll go back and write the titles down next week when I get the chance. <p>Richard<br>
An enthusiast and scholar wannabe<b>
[email protected] </p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Salvete,<br>
<br>
I have checked in the booklet with Osprey titles for january to june 2001. The books with green covers are trade editions of the books earlier published in the ELite series.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>