Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No e-mail alerts!
My Hotmail has stopped alerting me to RAT threads. Can anyone think of a reason why this might happen? (I have not "blocked" RAT from my Hotmail account, and I have checked "Notify me upon replies" in the Board Preferences.) Has this happened to anyone else?
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
I have a Yahoo e-mail account and didn't get any alert that I received a new PM although I did change neither my profile here nor the adjustments with Yahoo.
I think Hotmail has decided it doesn't like our (shared) server today. It's possible there's a spammer in the works.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Intermittently I get few if any. Then three days afterwards, they all show up, way down in the inbox list. Cyberlooping, I suppose, or stopping at the electropub. Hard to know.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Another problem is one I have since the new system came in....namely that I get "page expired" after a very short time on site - necessitating loading up again....very irritating. Does anyone else have this problem?
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Hi Paul
I use Rat on various browsers at home, at the office and on iPhone and I've never encountered that problem. Can you tell me a bit more or how to reproduce it?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I can'y "reproduce" it -because iy happens all the time! I was asking if others had the same problem because I suspect its a local server problem, and therefore won't be widesoread........
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff