Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes
Hi!

Thank you for your great directions; I'll start exploring them right away.

I haven't yet found the answer to those questions, but I do realize that I can't move on before that.

1) what period do I want to show.
- I first need to write down the major differences between periods, so I can justify my choice.
I'm thinking of either imperial or something suitable for both late republican and new imperial, like a transition phase that could serve them both.
But first, I really need to figure out the major differences among the different periods. I need to present the possibilities, and only then nominate (and justify) my choice.

2) what kind of fortress do I want to show (auxilia cohort, full legion, small fortress for vexilatio, ala )
- Well, I want to show a full legion fort, but I don't have the space or the money for that. So, I was thinking of a reduced camp that allowed the people to see how a fort was and its buildings, and at the same time allowed one or more groups of reenactors to LIVE the roman live.
For example, it would have less Barracks and with a reduced number of rooms.
Again. Even having an idea of what I want, that's not enough. I need to explain the different types of forts, and then justify my choice.

3) what kind of construction do I want to show (so and temporary encampment that just got wooden buildings, marching camp, stone?)
- Since I have reduced founds, I thought of designing a "organic" fort, that could start with wooden buildings and then slowly evolutes to earth walls.

4) correlated to 3) which part of the empire. This becomes interesting when you take material use into account.
Well, since the fort is expected to be built in south Portugal, I first should study the forts and the legions that passed by, and make a "believable" fort to this part of the Roman Empire.

Thank you again and keep giving me good directions Big Grin
Best regrets; David

Messages In This Thread
Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Siege - 11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Siege - 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Ross Cowan - 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Re: Roman Fort for Reenactement Proposes - by Ross Cowan - 02-26-2010, 09:13 AM