Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dress the gladiator game
Just found this one on the BBC website, and I like it.

Try to dress each gladiator type according to their own armatura.
[url:16rsk5wj]http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/launch_gms_gladiator.shtml[/url]
ALA I BATAVORUM
Now that was a fun little game.

I did well enough (or not so bad) to be sent to Gladiator school. Clearly I need to study more...

More importantly -- Thanks for the link. The main BBC page for Rome leads to several interesting articles. This could be a good intro resource for young students.

Thanks.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Interesting Game!
I was asked back to the palace to discuss imperial affairs...Whoo-hoo!
Thanks!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Same...and I didn't use "clues" .....but the game isn't that hard.... Smile
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Helmet, Cuirass, don't wear it 'cause my money purse is fat, white manica looking sharp looking for love they'll come cheerin', cheerin' like crazy, 'cause every spectator's crazy for a sharp dressed Gladiator

Sorry, bad joke I know.

Seriously, I've played that game before once my Gladiators did so well I got invited to dinner with the Emperor himself and we discussed imperial affairs. How cool is that? Smile
Ben.
Indeed a short game, but nicely done. At least better as some other educational stuff that is on the market. And indeed the other articles and animations on that site are also interesting.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yep. I was invited, also. I tried to explain to the Emperor that he should deal fairly and generously with the Goths, but he wouldn't listen. Nothing good will come from that attitude. Sigh.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Yep. I was invited, also. I tried to explain to the Emperor that he should deal fairly and generously with the Goths, but he wouldn't listen. Nothing good will come from that attitude. Sigh.

Yeah he did the same thing to me when I bought up the issue of religious tolerance. Oh, well.
Ben.