Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned from history?
Naa, the yweren't as superstitious as medieval christians......
I would be regards as a soothsayer....and a scientist..... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Good luck with that one !! ( what's that? someone whispering he's a witch, burn him?) ...or a more colloquial equivalent "He must be a Druid..." :lol: :lol:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Try making a Black-and-Tan with Guiness and a cherry lambic. Yummmm! Even though it's not German, it reminds me of a Black Forest cake.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
I think that Caesar would sack Marc Antony and employ Byron right away if not only for his charm.
Brian Stobbs
What have we learned from history ?

NOTHING.

End of discussion.

(STOA)

LOL

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:What have we learned from history ?
NOTHING.
And how did we learn that? Isn't that conclusion based on a careful analysis of, ahem, historical precedents? :wink:
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Well....it is based on a cynical stoïc world view, a nihilist and misantropic approach and a certain amount of historic precedents which span the era 1940-2009.........

All of which make me indeed believe the world has not learned anything from history...

Also, where the ancient authors (Roman) used moral standards in their twritings, Mos Maiorum, the pesent day historians seem to be preoccupied with Rankian discourse, positivist, idealist, meta historic and anti historic writing....

(Oh how i hate Historiography, the art of cumbersome floating in your own esoteric, filosofical self importance...
A bit like didactic scholars who write books on teaching but who have never taught any class of pubescents, and still envisage
that their way of teaching is the best... id like to see them in front of 30 or so 13-16 year olds.....)

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thanks and lesson learned. lol Marcus Octavian 1 930 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  Learned anything from history? richsc 5 1,886 09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar