Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned from history?
Narukami wrote:
Quote:Of course, in our "modern" times these pranksters would likely end up in jail or at the very least billed for the costs.
Indeed, having passed through several layers of security in their limo with "Osama Bin Laden" inside at a World Leaders conference, and then given themslves up ( presumably because having succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, things were now geting dangerous), the 'Chaser Boys' were promptly arrested and gaoled....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
There is one thing that we learn from history has never changed when we read Juvenal, he tells us that a rich Roman was afraid to go out at night for fear of being Mugged.
However if the guy got brave and went out he would come home only to find that his house had been done over whilst he was out.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:
Narukami:rrqvsf7l Wrote:Of course, in our "modern" times these pranksters would likely end up in jail or at the very least billed for the costs.
I'd gladly pay the costs to be received as the Duke of Grand Fenwick at the White House...

If not the White house then how about Burbank City Hall as the Arch Bishop of Cadbury. (You can dispense chocolate treats to the citizens.) :?

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:the Arch Bishop of Cadbury
I prefer to be the Emir of Bir el-Ambic (pronounce quickly).
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
[Image: peche+lambic+beer.jpg]

Indeed a very Important Emir !!!

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Is that peach beer? :o
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Is that peach beer? :o
Not necessarily. Bière Lambic is fermented more naturally than other beers, and sometimes has fruits added; yet the main characteristic is that it comes from Brussels.

Bir el-Ambic is the site of a well in the deep south of Jordan, in the Wadi Rum; which means that it is along the incense road from Petra to Yemen. There is a Nabataean temple next to Bir el-Ambic.
Jona Lendering
My website
OK. Thanks. Good name play.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Narukami:26mx48nx Wrote:the Arch Bishop of Cadbury
I prefer to be the Emir of Bir el-Ambic (pronounce quickly).

I'll drink to that!

We do have a wide variety of beers here, but I would probably offer a Sam Adams -- Patriot - Brewer.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:What have we learned abou Trojan Horses? Not much, it seems.
At least at the White House, they still accept any visitor who might turn up, like this couple, who was not on the invitation list and still attended an official dinner.

(If only I could back to the age of Antoninius Pius and visit the Palatine...)
Jona Lendering
My website
I would like to wander into Caesars campaign headquarters at will......
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
when you would be found out, you probably would have ended up in the punishment section .............

:lol:

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
...where, being unable to speak Latin, you would doubtless be executed as a 'barbarian' spy ! :evil: :twisted:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
where, I would kiss ass big time, dazzle him with my knowledge of his enemies plans, through sign language and grunts obviously :roll: , and of course become his most trusted advisor, saving him from the ides of march, exposing the plotters, before hand blah de blah de blah....
Of course, I would be in my best kit, and have lots of techno aids to impart this info to him in latin, there by overcoming my poor grasp of latin! :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
On which you'd be executed as a sorcerer.......

Tongue

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thanks and lesson learned. lol Marcus Octavian 1 930 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  Learned anything from history? richsc 5 1,886 09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar