Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female reenactors as soldiers?
NOPE, genuine Tom-Boy Wink

but that is what many males absolutely LOVE in a lady....

Wink

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Agreed! Tomboys get ready quicker and do things that we guys like to do.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Nice kit.
I can see 2 women in kit in the top pic.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well spotted Byron, you do have a radar for it! :lol:

Good pictures Claire.
Amy Wallace

A member of Comitatus Late Roman
Reconstruction Group
www.comitatus.net
Thats pretty obvious though - and had I not told you - you wouldn't have noticed the angry face...
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Oh...ok! So which one is the angry face again..... :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Surely the question must be if some men be allowed to portray Roman soldiers? Big Grin

The quality of equipment, weapon skills, professionalism, overall appearance and build, knowledge and the ability to communicate to the public are all important. Generally female re-enactors out score male re-enactors in all these areas, they have to.

[attachment=0:3t03v82b]<!-- ia0 Maryport.JPG<!-- ia0 [/attachment:3t03v82b]

However this debate is amusing for some of the male opinions posted. Keep it up guys, you’re good for something! :lol:
Catherine aka Flavia

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Reconstruction Group

[Image: Praesidiensis-Notitia-av.gif]
Quote:Surely the question must be if some men be allowed to portray Roman soldiers? Big Grin

That's so true. But yes, you have to start asking yourself why you want to do this and how you want to do this, and that could be a hard smash in your face.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Please send us a photo of you dressed as Amazone..... LOL

no, honestly, your display looks AB FAB !!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Personally, I've marched with Amy in kit up hill and down vallum over 14 miles on Hadrian's Wall, and she makes an impressive miles- especially on horseback. She gets my vote!
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
totally agree Cath..

I'm in the process of trying to loose some weight so I look more athletic for this kind of thing...

And yes, Amy is really hardcore.. she sleeps in a dog tent come rain or shine... I, on the other hand opt for the tent that takes an age to put up and is a bugger in any kind of high wind..

I think I'm going to sleep in a pup tent next season... I'm going to make a complete goatskin one for meself...
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.plateau-imprints.co.uk">www.plateau-imprints.co.uk
Hahaha hardcore indeed, dear me, thanks Paul and Claire!

Yes Cathrine, good point well made but we can't be too harsh on them! :wink:

Quote:I think I'm going to sleep in a pup tent next season... I'm going to make a complete goatskin one for meself...
That'll be rather expensive surely? - but very posh! I look forward to seeing it.

- Amy
Amy Wallace

A member of Comitatus Late Roman
Reconstruction Group
www.comitatus.net
I'm going to haggle on the old acquisition front...

I have a few contacts that can do them at a decent price.. I also have some great liquid lanolin for re-proofing..

I should imagine that 8 should be enough.. we shall see Smile
Claire Marshall

General Layabout

For example, the women in these pictures are wearing clothing they researched and made themselves. I can see no commercial mass-produced tunics, too long in the body or too loose in the wrist. And if they were wearing such an item, they would put a waist tuck in the tunic, and tighten the sleeves. Their clothing looks like it was made or adapted to fit them, no baggy trousers or versions that are too short or too long. They are wearing padding under their armour unlike most men. And I can see no Deepeeka swords or poor quality Indian helmets. Such comments may be viewed as a smash in the face by some.

Luckily my horse represents the large Hunnic horses and is a thoroughbred, the largest animal in the group. Nobody can reach me.

Claire, I think you will need at least 16 goatskins. I’ve just tried laying out some of our goatskins over the top of John’s dog tent. It takes more than you think.
Catherine aka Flavia

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Reconstruction Group

[Image: Praesidiensis-Notitia-av.gif]
I agree there about the subarmaliss. I was surprised at how few men were using them when I started.
And I will be honest, I could not sew a tunic to save my life. Mend one badly yes.
Leather is far easier to sew than fabric, as once you puch the holes it's childs play.
Fabrics seem to have minds of their own, so I leave that to experts. :wink:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel