Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medieval Faire
I am headed to a Medieval Faire today in Sarasota,Fl with some friends. We don't have much going on in Florida in ways of reenactments so for me this is all I've got. Another is going on in Ft.Myers,Fl mid-Janruary if anyone's around. I will be the ranger this time but hopefully I will be done with my Hoplite Kit by Janruary. Florida is hot ; Big Grin D Greece was too by Homer's account so that why I'm going Greek.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
There are Roman groups in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and I was sure there was as startup legion in Florida. So there are Romans around, too.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I would love to know where or how to find them. History is much more interesting than fantasy.
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Pensacola FL has a nice Ren. Faire in March

I say that because I've "worked" it with [url:3uufl2fd]http://www.PhoenixSwords.com[/url]

Big Grin

Ren Faires are what you bring to them and what you put into them. They can be fun, goofy, as well as historical. Mostly just fun Big Grin
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
I agree whole-heartedly. I have not actually worked with one yet but I was mistaken for one of the regulars. I go as a generic woodsman with a green leather vest, bow, and celtic shortsword. My friend and her mother actually tailored a green cloak for me which really finished it off. I just bought a black signal horn that doubles as a drinking horn. Next week I am going to the local Irish pub with it and asking for a Strongbow on tap! Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

Quote:Pensacola FL has a nice Ren. Faire in March

I say that because I've "worked" it with [url:182xzez1]http://www.PhoenixSwords.com[/url]

Big Grin

Ren Faires are what you bring to them and what you put into them. They can be fun, goofy, as well as historical. Mostly just fun Big Grin

I will be there this year as a miles. I'm sure that i will get the following compliment, "Great gladiator costume, where'd you rent it?" Same "compliment" I got at Halloween. Even though I made my entire kit excluding the helm. Pardon the trooper helmet, I ran short on both funds and time to get a proper helmet prior to Halloween.

[Image: wtxc8j.jpg]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Joe Patt (Paruzynski)
Milton, FL, USA
Fully excused we aren't issued gear at the sign ups these days. Decent kit anyhow!
Craig Bellofatto

That is the group of friends I go with.
From left,

Liz, Stacie, Jason, James, Myself, Bryon and Dana

For some reason we always take the picture in the parking lot.
Craig Bellofatto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1-2 AUG 09 LEG VI FFC COH II at WA Renn Faire arklore70 2 1,540 07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Renius
  Higgins Faire A_Volpe 0 1,826 06-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Last Post: A_Volpe