Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Film Looking For "Romans"
Just saw this announcement

I can not vouch for the veracity but So Cal based members might want to check it out.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tf ... 61555.html

Date: 2010-01-05, 8:45AM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

[size=150:wtgy16wv]EXTRAS NEEDED FOR A MOVIE THAT TAKES PLACE IN THE ROMAN TIMES
[/size]
WE NEED all ages, all types, all ethnicities, COLISEUM TYPE SCENES

Casting Director will be on site
All ages, all types, all ethnicities, all size
No Experience Necessary
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW ON 01/05 or 01/05

Call ASAP (323) 468-7365
· Compensation: Paid Project
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
· Phone calls about this job are ok.
· Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

:|

Narukami

David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:COLISEUM TYPE SCENES

What type of scences? It's a pitty Hollywood not even manage to get the name of the Flavian amphitheatre right.

Also liked this one:

Quote:MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW ON 01/05 or 01/05
ALA I BATAVORUM
To Hollywood, Rome is Rome. There was a film about the Campus Maureacus (many years ago) whose writers/producers showed "Roman" soldiers, and Aetius, dressed as though it were 100 AD!

They had no idea that Rome had become marginally important after Trier and Constantinople (and even Arles)....nor did they care. As a Hollywood mogul stated, "Write it so they can understand it in New Mexico!"

Ever tried to discuss this stuff at a cocktail party?
Mike Benedict
"All ages" is interesting. Few people reached the age of fifty. ("All ethnicities" sounds a bit politically correct as well.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:... As a Hollywood mogul stated, "Write it so they can understand it in New Mexico!" ...

Hahahaha! Yes...

Here is a link to a Samurai forum topic.
http://forums.samurai-archives.com/viewtopic.php?t=4511

My post is the 6th one down.
"In reguards to Last Samurai: I live in the US, as many of us do. I also live in New Mexico which has one of the worst school systems anywhere on this planet. I have samurai armor and I try to restore pieces of armor that are one step away from the trash. When I show full armors or pictures of these armors to the local populace I usually get a blank look. (Even by self-styled historians and art history professors. Really.) I most often get asked "Is that a Darth Vader suit?". I explain it is Samurai armor. Another blank look. You know, like in Last Samurai? More than half then register some faint recognition. Like it or not, Last Samurai may be the only thing a lot of people will ever hear about Japan before WW II. I still have to explain the difference between that and The 300 to many who are still confused. "

In 2005 (I think) myself and another member or so from this forum played Roman soldiers in a movie filmed here. As far as I know it was never released.

Ralph.
(from New Mexico, Land of Pay to Play)
And that is the sad truth.

Last Samurai ...

At least they did hire Japanese actors unlike Memories Of A Geisha (Talk about being Politically Correct!) or the new film of the 47 Ronin starring Keanu Reeves ("Whoa!")
Cry :roll: :? shock: :x wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA