Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman footwear help
I apologize if this is anybodies photo, but since I like the work on this "shoe" I would like to know if anyone has any information on it at all including diagrams?
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
The book, "Stepping through time" has diagrams of similar shoes.
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
I know of this book but I was wondering if I could get information about this particluar pair without having to purchase an entire book.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
I don't remember having seen this very pattern anywhere, but it has many elements that I know of from original finds (Roman and Germanic). My first guess would be that it was made up from more than one source. Do you have any carbatina patterns available? If yes, sou could easily adapt that if you want to copy this particular shoe.
I thought as much. Unfortunately, I do not have any patterns. If anyone could provide the patterns that you mentioned, Martin, I would appreciate it.

Paolo
Hi Paolo,

Quote:I thought as much. Unfortunately, I do not have any patterns. If anyone could provide the patterns that you mentioned, Martin, I would appreciate it.

If you are still lokking for patterns, PM me your email address and I'll help you out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  late roman footwear magister clarissimus 3 1,742 12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Roman Footwear - all types, all periods (website) Theodosius the Great 5 2,793 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser