Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Books
I've spent the past few weeks tearing what's left of my hair out after being quoted a price of £190 (yup, that's sterling) for Eric Birley's Roman Britain and the Roman Army: Collected Papers.<br>
<br>
I've just ordered it at a cost of £10 plus £3 postage from a seller in the UK.<br>
<br>
The site wasn't able to get me a copy of Collingwood and Wright's Roman Inscriptions of Britain, but I still think it's worth a look....<br>
<br>
Here's the URL:<br>
<br>
www.justbooks.co.uk/<br>
<br>
<br>
<p>Veni Vidi Bibi</p><i></i>
Hi,<br>
<br>
Try www.bookfinder.com.<br>
<br>
Several references to Collingwood at<br>
<br>
www.bookfinder.com/search...t=sr&ac=qr<br>
<br>
Have fun,<br>
Geert <p></p><i></i>
I just logged into Justbooks, and they say they're an 'AbeBooks' company. No idea how they differentiate then.<br>
<br>
Bookfinder looks more extensive than Abebooks, but do they have a 'alert wants' capability? that's how I've been getting alerts on the Robinson copies that come available. <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the HIGH NOISE/low signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
The nice thing about justbooks is that you contact the seller direct (who isn't justbooks, they just charge a comission.) and then sort out payment with the seller, so for someone without a credit card shopping on the net becomes a little bit easier<br>
<br>
Thanks for the reference to bookfinder, that's how I got to justbooks in the first place.<br>
<br>
I still can't find a copy of RIB volume one for less than £70 - £80 though <p>Veni Vidi Bibi</p><i></i>