Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Lords of Avaris" - ????
Hi there!

I read this book a year ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lords-Avaris-Da ... 513&sr=1-2

Instead of science fiction I read to my amusement every now and then some books on so called alternate history. I find it fun to read these books claiming to reveal some secret origins of the civilizations (extraterrestrials etc.).
This "Lords of Avaris" by David Rohl puzzles me. Is it totally bullshit (but fun like "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" etc.). To me some Rohl`s claims make sense about the missing "dark ages" of the early greek history and late bronze age in general. Am I losing it, please help me :oops: !!!!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Hmmmm, the missing dak age was actually a period of change in between the ancient Mycaenean period of Agamemnon et el, and the dawning of the classical period.
there was actually quite a lot happening culturally and on the military front.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Hmmmm, the missing dak age was actually a period of change in between the ancient Mycaenean period of Agamemnon et el, and the dawning of the classical period.
Yup; there is, however, some debate about the actual length of the dark age. Even though Peter James' Centuries of Darkness is commonly linked to Velikovsky, he started as a serious scholar, assisted by a team of serious scholars, and he has made some observations that I found, in the 1990s, interesting.

Everything will one day become clear when we have a dendrochronological sequence. I suspect that the traditional chronology will be kept, with some minor modifications.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Thanks guys, now I am even more puzzled :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Hoplite Impression - was "Athenian Hoplite&quot rogue_artist 30 13,709 08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite