Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very New Member
Just thought I'd introduce myself so you have some idea of just who it is when it says at the bottom of the screen registered user "Alsinstructor"
My name is Andy and I live in Grimsby, UK. Along with another gent, I make usually four or five visits per year to Hadrians wall. Wow, what a place. Have just about visited two thirds of it now and been privilleged to see a couple of reenactment displays along the way. Boy, would I love to get involved. Unfortunately, due to circumstances (better half is disabled, needs a fair bit of tlc) and the medical retirement from the paramedic ambulance service and my teaching post at the institute if higher ed, neither time nor finances permit such efforts.
Never mind, I am studying at the open university (Archaeology) and intend to make the focus of my study Roman Britain.
As such I may not post very often but would it be ok to use your collective knowledge in my research? I find that academics tend to have only half the answer, but experimentalists can prove or disprove a point and can find out by doing these things all the other details that go with it.
No idea about this "avatar" thing, not a member of any reenactor group or anything, anyone get any suggestions?
Am particularly interested in Roman surveying methods as well as armour etc (have a few bronze fragments from a lorica and a legionary ring, which I wear all the time, and a few coins.)
This is a long post.... sorry to anyone still reading, sweet dreams to those who have succumbed :roll:
andy drinkell AKA alsinstructor

I wandered lonely as a cloud....... Billy No-Mates
welcome on board. I'm sure you'll find much information on here. Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks a lot. Already learned quite a lot from the different threads. Excellent site. Greetings to the Netherlands. Big Grin

Andy Drinkell AKA Alsinstructor

From one new member to another, welcome. I have used this site for research purposes for the last three years or so (but just recently joined) and have found the wealth of knowledge quite helpful. I'm sure you will, too.
Kevin
Quote:From one new member to another, welcome. I have used this site for research purposes for the last three years or so (but just recently joined) and have found the wealth of knowledge quite helpful. I'm sure you will, too.

Thanks . Glad I'm not the only new kid around here. Confusedhock:
Already finding out lots of things that I didn't know and confirming a lot of things that I already knew.
Greetings from across the pond Big Grin

Hello to everybody,
just two lines to introduce myself.

My name is Niccoletta, I´m italian, I´ve been living in Barcelona (Spain), for eleven years.
I was born in Italy, in a small village near Rome, called Tarquinia.
I love estruscan history and roman ones.

It was a big surprise to find this forum.
I´m italian, so it's so normal and usual for me to visit and see in a easy way everything related with the etruscans and romans. I got etruscan blood in my veinsSmile

If you need some help relating with italian/latin language or just to share knowledge, here I am!

Don´t forgot to have a look to Tarquinia, and its etruscan tombs (graves).

Thank to all!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for my englishSad
Niccoletta
- Cuius aures veritati clausae sunt, ut ab amico verum audire nequeat, huius salus despernada est-
Bonjour de France ,je suis cavalier et membre des foederati passionné par la cavalerie de l antiquité tadive .
<a class="postlink" href="http://foederati.jimdo.com/">http://foederati.jimdo.com/

Bricard Fabrice .