Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greco-Roman Wrestling
I wish to find any ancient scources and/or imagery (paintings,carvings, etc.) of Greek or Roman unarmed martial arts. This is my main field of study as a Martial Artist and feel I could contribute best to RAT in this way. I hope to get others that practice Martial Arts as well as that makes for "Enlightening" conversations. To date I have found little original sources of Pankration; and except for what is found on the Internet and in modern books know very little excepting that supposedly either Theseus or Heracles developed Pankration and it was an Original Olympic sport.
Let the Games Begin!!!
[url:3oqaizm6]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28473-ancient-greek-pankration-the-origins-of-mma-part-one[/url]
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
If any moderators could move this thread to "Greek Military History & Archeology" I would be grateful. Thanks!
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greco-Roman Project Anonymous 0 1,226 03-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Anonymous