Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double breasted or center fastening?
Thats a very clear belt! is this depitction Italian? Am I right in thinking a number of bronze belts have been found in Greece (pre-hoplite). The simularities between Anatolian styles and Greek armour development is staggering.

Back to the Alexander mosaic... I don't pretend to be an expert on it, but I am just repeating what I have been told in the latest thinking with a number of people.
Do you not find it odd that Alexander is not riding a black horse? and the horses pulling the kings chariot are not white? How come none of the Persians have facial hair?
The Oxus model is a funny one. I personally belive it is a model of a Persian chariot, But I know many Archaeologists are not sure.

I am told that 'several' iron tube and yoke cuirass have now been found in Northern Greece and Bulgaria. I dont know the full details, but next time I speak to Dr. Miller Collett I will pass any relevent information onto you all.
Stephen May - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.immortalminiatures.com">www.immortalminiatures.com

Messages In This Thread
Re: Double breasted or center fastening? - by immortal - 07-07-2010, 08:02 AM