Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kalkriese mask by John Locke!
I didn`t know that John Locke of the "Lost" series makes roman gear too. Eerie, where is the black smoke Confusedhock: !?:

http://www.fectio.org.uk/shows/kalkriese1.jpg
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
wow. Lovely helmet.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Tony Feldon in 2003... :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Tony Feldon in 2003... :wink:

No, John Locke 2010 :evil: !
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:6vp54zls Wrote:Tony Feldon in 2003... :wink:
No, John Locke 2010 :evil: !
Well, in that case we have proof that he really travelled back in time. I should know, cause it's my picture and I spoke to him. He said never anything about coming from a certain island, but stuck to his obvious cover of a Polish salesman selling arms & armour replicas. Clever man. :mrgreen:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I would say it is not the Kalkriese mask but is a mask fitted to a version of the Xanten sports helm'
Brian Stobbs
What does that helmet or that sort of helmet go for?
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
It's an cavalry helmet.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Jurjen,

I meant the price not which impression :wink:
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Ow, srry for misinterpreting your question. Don't know what such a beauty will do. He doesn't have any prices on his website and I know there is an website of a movie props shop in Hollywood who has his work along with prices on their website, but can't find it now. Anyway, judging from his other work it should be in the euro 1500 - 2000 range. But that is just my own guess! Best contact him if you want an exact price.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Thanks Jurjen,

Even if you are not exactly sure, I would agree that it would at least be that which for now is out of my range. I was just curious.

Maybe one day I can purchase it. I would like to have at least one helmet from each period and from each divison of the army.

Paolo
Yeah, I also would like to have a copy of this one. But I guess I shouldn't complain, as I already own a copy of the kops plateau cavelary helmet, which is at least as impressive as this one, when done. (still have to do a lot of work on the horsehair decorations, but here a picture of the bowl and mask along with the original:

[Image: kp_helm_repro.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM