Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheap way to get a Roman tuba
With the soccer worldcup, I found a cheap way to get us an 'authentic' tuba (you know the straight sound horn of the Roman period).

In a local shop I found a so called vuvuzela of the coca cola brand. Adding a bit of brass paint and you get a nice sounding horn wich is easy to get some sound out of. :mrgreen:

Of course I couldn't resist to let you also see this:
[url:1qyqntf3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY&feature=player_embedded[/url]
(sorry if this has been posted before)
ALA I BATAVORUM
I was thinking the exact same thing last week !!! LOL

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:In a local shop I found a so called vuvuzela of the coca cola brand. Adding a bit of brass paint and you get a nice sounding horn wich is easy to get some sound out of. :mrgreen:
This raises an interesting question: should we, from now on, translate words like "tubus" and "salpinx" as "vuvuzela"? I think that it is perfectly legitimate, because many translators say that they are not rendering everything word-for-word, but are trying to make people easily understand what the text means. Vuvuzela is therefore logical.

The same applies to "vinum". Admittedly, the word looks like our "wine", but we're dealing with what we would call "bowl".
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hmmmm, nice sounding? Tongue lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap Roman Flag for Your Garden Uwe Bahr 2 1,272 11-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Last Post: maius