Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of Grunwald -600 years anniversary
The Battle of Grunwald or 1st Battle of Tannenberg was fought on July 15, 1410, during the Polish–Lithuanian–Teutonic War. The alliance of the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, led respectively by King Jogaila (W?adys?aw Jagie??o) and Grand Duke Vytautas (Witold), decisively defeated the Teutonic Knights, led by Grand Master Ulrich von Jungingen. Most of the Teutonic knight's leadership was killed or taken prisoner. While defeated, the Teutonic Knights withstood the siege on their fortress in Marienburg (Malbork) and suffered only minimal territorial losses at the Peace of Thorn (1411). Territorial disputes continued until the Peace of Melno was concluded in 1422. However, the Knights never recovered their former power and the financial burden of war reparations caused internal conflicts and an economic downturn in their lands. The battle shifted the balance of power in Eastern Europe and marked the rise of the Polish–Lithuanian union as the dominant political and military force in the region.

Tomasz Bagi?ski's short movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpR_Ckg3q6s

Tomasz Bagi?ski is Polish talented artist
[Image: europeanwars.jpg]

Artur K. (KLA - modeller/skinner Total War mods; Ancient & 18th century soldiers)
there is also an existing Polish movie about the battle: Krzy?acy (or - Knights of the Teutonic Order, from 1960)

[url:23k4hxf3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Teutonic_Order_(film)[/url]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
I made for you two knights on the occasion of the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald. The battle took place between the Polish and Teutonic knights. Tomorrow will be the staging of the battle, with 3000 knights-restorers. I also will take part in the battle. Spectators in the stands will be around 200,000.

Polish knight:

[Image: polishknight.jpg]

Teutonic knight:

[Image: teutonicknight.jpg]

Knights are from 13th century.
[Image: europeanwars.jpg]

Artur K. (KLA - modeller/skinner Total War mods; Ancient & 18th century soldiers)
One of my friends is at that re-enactment right now... as non combattant since the Poles are absolutelty crazy, since they fight for real.

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Gives a good reason for them to spend all that money on Armor! :wink:
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
YUP i think the rules are no armor less than 3 mm and no open helmets whatsoever...

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Thought so! I have met some Polish immigrants here in America. The ones I have met are fun to be around with weaponry and such. Very energetic! Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Enjoy some real hard hitting :

Grunwald 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ZXsKMPlfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6tCVGv ... re=related

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Wish I was there! Looks like fun but they would rule me out as I have no armor. 8) Maybe the game at the beginning.
Craig Bellofatto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100th Anniversary of AK Narukami 0 628 03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Narukami
  Battle of Grunwald 2009! King Louise Assurbanipal 0 1,273 07-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: King Louise Assurbanipal
  Happy Anniversary Hibernicus! Hibernicus 16 2,793 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Aetius Helvius Merula