Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statue from Amphipolis
I found this image on one of the RAT posts (can't remember which one) and it was labeled as a statue from Amphipolis. Can anyone tell me more about the statue? Does anyone have other images of it? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.
Scott B.
This could be my photo,though i didn't take a black and white one,so it might not be. Anyway i have seen the statue up close,and i have one photo like this one and one more which has only the cuirass. It was ou of the Amphipolis museum and had no label,no date or name. Nothing. Sorry.
Khaire
Giannis
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
Scott, I have the same image saved as "Late 4th-early 3rd century marble statue of an Macedonian officer from Amphipolis" If that helps any. No I dea where I got it from.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New mosaic discovered in Amphipolis Vindex 4 2,288 10-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest
  Some photos from the museum of Amphipolis Macedon 9 2,789 07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Last Post: sitalkes
  Code of Amphipolis eugene 1 1,801 04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Macedon