Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art and History of Pompeii-by printers "Casa Editrice Bon
I do have a book called "The Art and History of Pompeii" by the printers "Casa Editrice Bonechi"

[url:29fx9eui]http://www.amazon.com/Art-History-Pompeii-Bonechi-collection/dp/8870094545/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283196792&sr=8-29[/url]

I bought this book and it came with an insert map but I got the book used from a library bookstore.

It states that-
Porta Marina (W. side)- A gate consisting of two passageways. One for pedestrians and another for vehicles and animals. It is surrounded by villas. Later a chamber with a vaulted gallery was built and is there today. pg.10

Porta Ercolano (S.W. Corner)- Is of three passageways; a large one in the center for vehicles and animals and the two on the sides are for pedestrians and also that "It is customary for the cemeteries to extend along both sides of the roads outside the city gates". pg.121

That is about all it has on gates but goes into great detail on the architecture,frescoes, and types of buildings that comprise the city. The map is color coded to explain what types of buildings are where and numbered for reference with book. It's pictures(and there are many) are full color. I would suggest this book to anyone who is interested in the composition of a Roman city. The relative aspect of not being changed over the centuries is very helpful. I hope this helps.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,924 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus