Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reforming My old Group and need some help
Hi All,
Iam Reforming my old Ludus and need some help in soucing some kit . Where is the best place in the UK to get Battle ready swords ? Also What are the alternatives to useing metal swords ? We always used battle ready swords for the " Ching " effect ( wish I could still so does other alternatives have the same effect in the arena ?

Any hep would be great,

Thanks,

Julius.
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Why would you have an alternative for metal swords? Wooden can be as dangerous as (blunt) metal ones.

For swords made for man-to-man combat I would always advice to source a smith you can trust and get them custom made to your wishes. I don't know of any 'of the shelf' Roman swords I would trust for combat use.
ALA I BATAVORUM
jvrjenivs I see, I will find a smithy to see if they can help. Just thought there might be a place people could recomend .

Thanks.

Julius.
Julius Verax
Timetalkers

( AKA Paul )
Quote: does other alternatives have the same effect in the arena ?
i have always wanted to do a fight with two gladiators with whips
the sonic crack would generate some good spectacle I believe.
regards
richard
Those sonic cracks can make a hole in your hide, though, can't they? Ow! :!:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Those sonic cracks can make a hole in your hide, though, can't they? Ow! :!:
Sir
I appreciate your constant wit, good humour and general cheesyness Big Grin
I actually let some boys fire their arrows into my hide (leather subarmaralis) at training and yep
leather gets holes in it when shot at Smile
The gladiators with the whips are however covered in tunicas, braccae and roped(?) shins which could all easily be padded out with subtleness
- and you could always rent them out at the end of the show!!!
yours in double entendre
richard
I wonder if my wisecracks would improve if I cracked my knuckles before typing.... :?: :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I wonder if my wisecracks would improve if I cracked my knuckles before typing.... :?: :roll: Just trying to lighten the load by bringing in a smile once in a while. I used to think I was a wit, then I found out I was only half right.

Sigh. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.