Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc
Thanks Giannis -- again some really helpful comments! I will look into the length of the pteruges again but I thought I had gotten them to where i wanted them (luckily that's the easiest thing to remedy). I think i agree on the length of the back cover and will go back over the pictures I'm using and see if I can improve the look.

As to the colour I want to go with white if I can find a good way of pulling it off. I remember reading a comment here about using something like beeswax and some source for white pigment powder (I've got some aluminum oxide lying around?). I'll try to locate that thread. My second best option is to just dye it dark-red.

Could you please explain again your first comment about the distance between the neck guard and shoulder straps? As I understood it you meant that I can increase that distance to more than I have now (now its about 5-7 mm)? And that the shoulder straps should be of even width from the neck, over the shoulders and down (as I have them now they are tapered).

/Daniel

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc - by Daniel S. - 01-10-2011, 09:42 PM