Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc
Giannis -- You are right, the the yoke will attach one or two centimetres further down on the chest. I do however want to be able to fasten it to points at, or very near, the brass/bronze rim. That is, the rim that cover the top row of the front scales. I would prefer to have the points there instead of at, or under, the scales. If you have any suggestions for how to make the attachements points please let me know.

Edward -- Thanks for the encouragement. I will upload most of the progress pictures to my website and get back with the link -- in case there is anything with my patterns that could be helpful to anyone. I am however between internet providers right now so I only have a really slow connection so working with pictures take a while.

On a general note: I have found out that there exists bleached bee's wax. Together with some form of white powder that should work even better than regular yellow bee's wax (as per, if I recall correctly, Paul B's proposal on another thread). I really would like to avoid opaque colours as I want the structure of the leather to be clearly visible.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Tweak my T&Y (linothorax/spolas) pattern, ca 500bc - by Daniel S. - 03-12-2011, 09:05 PM